Wednesday, February 26, 2014

My Lovely Api One-Skein Cowl

New yarn arrived at The Naked Sheep Knit Shop last week, and of course I had to make something with it! Since the Rose City Yarn Crawl is coming up this weekend, I decided to design a One-Skein Cowl to feature the yarn.

Here are the details!

I used just one skein of Api (from Mirasol) and a size 8-24" circular needle. I got a gauge of 4.5 stitches to the inch.  Adjust your needles accordingly.

Loosely cast on 90 stitches, place beginning of round marker and join in the round. Knit one round.




Next Round:  Purl 1, knit 44, place mid-round marker, purl 1, knit 44.
Next Round:  Purl 2, knit 43, slip mid-round marker, purl 2, knit 43.
Next Round:  Purl 3, knit 42, slip mid-round marker, purl 3, knit 42.

Continue in this fashion, until you are purling all the stitches.

Bind off using a stretchy bind-off; like Jeny's Surprisingly Stretchy Bind-Off.

Enjoy!  And I hope to see you this weekend!


1 comment:

britt idette said...

Finally finished my cowl! Picked up the yarn last spring and started the project in November, looks cute! Gift for Mom!