Thursday, November 19, 2015

Farewell from Kristin

My Dearest Knitters and Crocheters,
 
I am both sad and excited to tell you that after 10 (TEN!) years, I will be stepping down from my prestigious post as Head Purl Girl at The Naked Sheep. As many of you know, my kids are teenagers now and incurring expenses at an alarming rate! So, it's time for me to make room in my life to pursue more full-time endeavors. An exciting new chapter is about to begin!
 
I have been incredibly lucky to work at The Naked Sheep. To come in contact with all of you amazing, creative crafters has certainly enriched my life! I can't overstate how much I've enjoyed getting to know each and every one of you. You are like family to me. I've often said that every day is a good day when you work at a knit shop. It's lovely to walk into such a warm and colorful environment filled with loving and cheerful people.
 
Cheri and Brad have succeeded in their dream of making a fun and friendly knit shop. They are wonderful people to work for and dear, dear friends. I am honored to have been a part of something so precious to them. To be sure, I have learned SO MUCH from Cheri. When I started working here, I wasn't really certain I could distinguish a DK weight from a worsted weight in a line-up.... She had faith that I would get it. I've enjoyed our collaborations, breakfast meetings, and especially our friendship. That will never change, no matter where I work! So. Much. Gratitude.
 
I will continue to teach some classes, though not quite as many. All classes that are currently on the schedule will remain there through the end of the year. And there will be a new Square of the Month series starting in 2016 (sign up early!). I look forward to seeing you in the classroom!
 
PLEASE come visit me during my final days behind the counter. My last day will be Sunday, November 29.
 
With love,
Kristin

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ah, I can't believe it! Jennifer