Friday, March 14, 2008

Hemlock Ring Blanket



This is the Hemlock Ring Blanket that is all the rage right now on the internet and on Ravelry. I am approaching the finish line as I bind-off about 400 stitches. Not your typical bind-off, mind you. This is K1, k2tog, yo, k2tog, turn, p1, (k1, p1) twice in the same st, then k in the same st once more, p1, sl1, turn, bind off 7 sts. Repeat ALL THE WAY AROUND!!!

As you can see, I'm about halfway around. I hope to finish binding-off today, so I can block it tonight.

I'm teaching this as a class at the shop. So this blanket will be a shop model, and then be given to my grandma for Christmas. I used Eco Wool in color 0508 (Boysenberry). When I was growing up, my grandparents lived in St Johns and had raspberries and boysenberries in their yard. So working with this color for her brings back a lot of happy memories of spending time in the garden and picking berries with grandma and grandpa.

Stop by and check it out in person!

No comments: