Saturday, April 14, 2007

And Yet Another Sweater for Me


This sweater is on the cover of Elsebeth Lavold's newest pattern book, The Sunny Side Collection. I'm actually knitting 2 sweaters from this book; one for me and one for Brad, my VP of Everything. I'll talk about Brad's sweater next time.
For myself, I'm knitting the wrap sweater shown on the cover. It's called Meadow. I'm using Cotton Frappe, Elsebeth's newest yarn. It's a really cool cotton with a thin polyamide wrap. I chose the variegated color called Meadow Mix. It's knit at 5.5 stitches to the inch, and I had to go down to size 3 needles to get the gauge; I tend to knit loose with cotton yarns. I really love the texture that this double broken rib pattern is creating.
This is one of Elsebeth's better written patterns. Her patterns tend to be vague, with a lot of assumptions. They also tend to have errors. I'm pleasantly surprised with this one. I've finished both sleeves and am to the armhole on the left front.
One of my customers is knitting the same sweater, and we started at the same time. So we decided it would be fun to have a little race. She started on the back and is now working on the left front. I'm saving the back for last. So I'm not sure who is ahead. But it's fun to have a little knitting rivalry going on! Good luck, Cheryl!

No comments: