Friday, April 13, 2007

Spring Shop Model



This cute little Ribbon Vest is knit with Ischia Silk. I found the pattern in Silk Knits by Elaine Eskesen, a lovely book.

Besides knitting sweaters for myself, my sweet dog and my VP of Everything; I enjoy making shop models for The Naked Sheep. Owning a yarn store definitely feeds my knitting addiction. As new yarns and patterns arrive, I feel the need to "test" each one out personally. Not such a bad thing, there are definitely advantages to touching and working with the yarns myself. Also to become familiar with what patterns are available and how easy or difficult they are to follow. The problem is starting more projects than I finish. But I do tell my students that it's not all about the finished product; we need to enjoy the process. Good advice for myself.

This Ribbon Vest will be happily displayed in the shop very soon.

Happy Knitting.

No comments: